Thermal Spray & Metalizing Dust Collection
Metallizing makes products last longer, look nicer and work better.
With metallizing, a coating is applied on surfaces through various spray methods such as cold spray or thermal spray. The coating protects products from corrosion, improves their appearance, and enhance their functionality.
But airborne particulate, fine dust, smoke and fumes generated by thermal spray and metallizing processes can be harmful and hazardous. The toxic chemical composition of powder coatings used thermal spray can:
- Spark fires or explosions in enclosed spaces
- Trigger electrical problems
- Pollute indoor air quality
- Cause health problems such as respiratory disorders, skin irritation, eye problems, occupational asthma, fertility issues, and cancer
Controlling, containing and eliminating the dust created by thermal spray and metalizing processes is critical to keep your work place safe, clean, healthy and operating smoothly and efficiently.
Supplying the solution you need
Air Purification Inc. offers high-performing air filtration systems and solutions designed to efficiently and effectively eliminate dust, fumes and other particulates generated from thermal spray and metalizing applications.
All of Air Purification’s filtration systems:
- Collect fumes efficiently and effectively also utilizing spark traps to minimize fire possibility
- Energy efficient and a green solution
- Provide easy disposal
- Ensure safe workplace
- Comply with strictest regulations
Collection booths are usually larger downdraft tables that allow your workers more room to operate and your company to have more employees working on the same surface.
In booths, blowers and fans contain particles in a confined space, then push the dust into a free-flowing waterfall below the work area. The water catches the dust, traps it and creates a concentrated sludge that is easily and safely disposed.
Air Purification’s collection booths:
- Minimize health threats
- Eliminate explosion risks
- Utilize magnahelic pressure gauges
- Offer removable work tables
- Include vents for debris, including moveable pendulums
- Allow you to control power and water levels
Ductable Wet Collectors
For larger industrial spaces with extensive, continual air contamination, ductable wet collectors can gather an eliminate dust efficiently and easily.
In a central collector, inlets hoods are placed near work stations. Fans on these ducts pull air into the collection unit, trapping the dust in water and creating disposable sludge.
Combining this technology with a typical air purification system ensures a safe and healthy industrial working environment.
Most of air pollutants from thermal spraying and metalizing can be captured and contained using high-efficiency particulate air filtration system or HEPA filter.
A HEPA filter is a relatively simple system for filtering out air pollutants. It takes the form of a large block that is composed of layers of meshed fibers with increasingly thinner openings. As air runs through these fibers, contaminants are physically trapped within the filter, and clean air is blown out. Using this type of filter will help ensure the health of employees and the overall safety of the workplace. HEPA filters:
- Remove more than 99 percent of all contaminants from the air, which is progressively purified further as the filtration system will run during all operation hours
- Last for months
- Replaced simply and easily
- Can be integrated into air conditioning systems
Air Purification also supplies high-quality, long-lasting downdraft tables, collection booths and ductable wet collectors ideal for thermal spraying and metalizing dust collection.
Delivering the service you deserve
Air Purification has the experience, expertise and equipment to supply all your exacting dust collection and air filter needs.
- Founded in 1985
- Three decades of industry experience
- Largest supplier of air pollution control equipment and filters in the U.S.
- Supply filters for every type, model and brand of air cleaning system
- Dedicated staff has 200 years combined industry knowledge
- Systems fully compliant with all regulatory standards
- Partner with an array manufacturers to supply best possible air filtration products
- Very competitive prices
- Responsive service, superior support
- Fast delivery
- Headquartered in Raleigh, NC
- Regional offices in Cincinnati, OH; Knoxville, TN; Charlottesville, VA; and Valdosta, GA