Metalworking Fluid Mist & Oil Mist Collectors
Being mindful of metalworking fluids is a must for the machine tooling industry.
Metalworking fluids are used to cool, lubricate and protect machines that grind, cut, turn, and mill. These fluids are complex mixtures of oils, detergents, surfactants, biocides, lubricants, anti-corrosive agents, and other potentially toxic ingredients.
If left unattended and unabated, metalworking fluids and the ensuing oil mist and oil smoke can damage your equipment, delay your production, and worse, harm your workers. Contacting or inhaling contaminated materials, sprays or mists can irritate the skin, eyes, nose and throat, as well as trigger breathing difficulties like bronchitis and asthma.
Removing metalworking fluids and oil mist and smoke is essential to keep your workplace safe, clean, healthy and operating smoothly and efficiently.
Air Purification Inc. provides the expertise, experience and equipment to make that happen.
Providing the solutions you need
Whether you work in a small metalworking shop or a large-scale metalworking operation, Air Purification Inc. engineers the oil mist and smoke collection equipment and air filtration systems that meet and exceed your exacting specifications and the strictest federal regulations and all your exacting needs:
Oil Mist & Smoke Collection Systems Features
Air Purification Inc. provides solutions specifically designed to collect and remove hazardous metalworking fluids from your machining and grinding workplace. These collection and filtration systems:
- Operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Feature long-lasting washable filters reduce operating costs and replacement frequency
- Highly efficient — remove up to 99.97% of particles with an optional HEPA filter
- Designed specifically for oil mist – filters keep out dust and dirt
- Provide superior drainage efficiency
- Available in a range of sizes
- Can handle small shops to large-scale operations
- Simple to install and operate
- Easy to maintain
- Can be individually mounted to the machine or central systems incorporating many machine tools.
Oil Mist & Smoke Collection System Filtration Systems:
Air Purification Inc.’s oil mist and oil smoke collection systems feature four filtration stages, maximizing collection efficiency:
- Clean Air Release: Open filter design allows unrestricted release of clean air back into the work environment
- First Loading Layer: Collects larger dry particles, removing them from air flow
- Fiber Barrier Layer: Collects and combines fine oil mist particles to enhance re-liquidation and drainage.
- Contaminant Management Layer: Collects combined liquid and drains it from the fiber barrier to the sump. The Fiber Barrier, together with the Contaminant Management Layer, eliminate the need for less efficient collection pleats.
Air Purification Inc. supplies high-performing cartridge collectors, which filter out particulates in smaller areas. Cartridge filters utilize layered material to grab any airborne foreign substances almost immediately after they enter the air.
Use cartridge filters to collect smoke, abrasive blasting and thermal spraying residue, and metal sanding excess.
Cartridge Filter Features:
- Available in permanent and replaceable variations
- Usually less expensive
- Easy to replace
- Exceed most OEM filter requirements
- Available in a host of media including nanofiber, PTFE, spunbond, cellulose, cellulose synthetic (80-20) and flame retardant
- Used with various brands including: Donaldson, Camfil, Farr, Torit, UAS and Micro-Air
In booths, blowers and fans contain particles in a confined space, then push the dust into a free-flowing waterfall below the work area. The water catches the dust, traps it and creates a concentrated sludge that is easily and safely disposed.
Wet Dust Collection Booth Features:
- Minimize health threats
- Eliminate explosion risks
- Utilize magnahelic pressure gauges
- Offer removable work tables
- Include vents for debris, including moveable pendulums
- Allow you to control power and water levels
Ducted Wet Dust Collectors
For larger industrial spaces with extensive, continual air contamination, ductable wet collectors can gather an eliminate dust efficiently and easily.
In a central collector, inlets hoods are placed near workstations. Fans on these ducts pull air into the collection unit, trapping the dust in water and creating disposable sludge.
Combining this technology with a typical air purification system ensures a safe and healthy industrial working environment.
Air Purification Inc. can help you collect oil and water-based coolant mists and smoke with a range of mist collection units that provide energy efficiency, low maintenance and improved worker safety.