What are Resistance Welding Fumes?
Welding can be a worry for workers and workplaces.
Resistance welding – using a current of electricity to melt metal and join pieces – can generate potentially hazardous fumes, dust, and other contaminants from metal coatings, lubricants, adhesives, and sealants.
Resistance Welding Fume Hazards
Overexposure to resistance welding fumes, smoke, and other pollutants can cause a wide range of problems:
- Health problems such as respiratory disorders, skin irritation, eye problems, and occupational asthma
- Contaminate workplace machinery
- Poor indoor air quality
The best way to minimize these risks is to efficiently and effectively extract and eliminate fumes as quickly as possible from your welding workplace.
Providing the product you need
Air Filtration Systems
Air Purification Inc. offers ambient air filtration systems, collection hoods, and venting systems to draw welding fumes and smoke through filters to dramatically enhance the indoor air quality at specific welding stations and your entire facility.
Air Filtration System Features:
- Collect fumes efficiently and effectively
- Energy efficient and a green solution
- Provide easy disposal
- Ensure safe workplace
- Comply with strictest regulations
Wet downdraft tables are specialized surfaces created specifically to eliminate dust and particulates from the air. The work surface is perforated with holes to capture particles, which are directed by downward fans into constantly running water. The resulting sludge flows into a container and disposed of.
Downdraft Tables Features:
- Eliminate airborne particulates
- Drastically reduce fire and explosion risks
- Ergonomically designed for comfort
- Manually controlled with computer interface
- Monitor pressure and water level
- Easy to access waste
Ductable Wet Collectors
For larger industrial spaces with extensive, continual air contamination, ductable wet dust collectors can gather and eliminate dust efficiently and easily.
In a central collector, inlet hoods are placed near workstations. Fans on these ducts pull air into the collection unit, trapping the dust in water and creating disposable sludge.
Combining this technology with a typical air purification system ensures a safe and healthy industrial working environment.
Wet Dust Collection booths are usually larger downdraft tables that allow your workers more room to operate and your company to have more employees working on the same surface.
In booths, blowers and fans contain particles in a confined space, then push the dust into a free-flowing waterfall below the work area. The water catches the dust, traps it and creates a concentrated sludge that is easily and safely disposed.
Collection Booth Features:
- Minimize health threats
- Eliminate explosion risks
- Utilize magnahelic pressure gauges
- Offer removable work tables
Most of air pollutants from resistance welding can be captured and contained using high-efficiency particulate air filtration system or HEPA filter.
A HEPA filter is a relatively simple system for filtering out air pollutants. It takes the form of a large block that is composed of layers of meshed fibers with increasingly thinner openings. As air runs through these fibers, contaminants are physically trapped within the filter, and clean air is blown out.
HEPA Filter Features:
Using this type of filter will help ensure the health of employees and the overall safety of the workplace. HEPA filters:
- Remove more than 99 percent of all contaminants from the air, which is progressively purified further as the filtration system will run during all operation hours
- Last for months
- Replaced simply and easily
- Can be integrated into air conditioning systems
Serving your Industry
Air Purification’s ambient air filtration systems, suction hoods, and venting systems are ideal for operations utilizing resistance welding:
- Welding shops
- Maintenance shops
- Trade schools
- Training facilities
- Union halls
- Manufacturing plants
- Laboratory environments
Delivering the service you deserve
Air Purification has the experience, expertise and equipment to supply all your exacting dust collection and air filter needs.
- Founded in 1985
- Three decades of industry experience
- Largest supplier of air pollution control equipment and filters in the U.S.
- Supply filters for every type, model, and brand of air-cleaning system
- Dedicated staff has 200 years combined industry knowledge
- Systems fully compliant with all regulatory standards
- Partner with an array manufacturers to supply best possible air filtration products
- Very competitive prices
- Responsive service, superior support
- Fast delivery
- Headquartered in Raleigh, NC
- Regional offices in Cincinnati, OH; Knoxville, TN; Charlottesville, VA; and Valdosta, GA