Metal Dust Collection Equipment
Cutting, sanding, shaping, and grinding metal can create potentially hazardous dust that needs to be immediately removed from the workplace.
Airborne particles released by metalworking can affect worker health, damage equipment, and ignite explosions.
Air Purification Inc. designs, develops, and delivers high-performing dust vacuum collection equipment and air filtration systems to eliminate potentially toxic and harmful metal particles in any metalworking space – from the smallest workshop to the largest factory.
Air Purification Inc.’s metal dust collection systems meet the strictest regulatory standards and keep your company and your workers safe, clean, content and productive.
Metal Dust Collection Options
Wet Dust Collectors
There is plenty of equipment that will vacuum dust throughout your production process. But the only NFPA-approved method of collecting metal dust is with a wet type collector.
Wet dust collectors help eliminate explosive dust from the air using special filters that utilize water as their main component. The work surface is shaped so dust is flung into filters where it is captured by water. The water gradually collects dust and turns it into easily and safely disposable sludge.
Air Purification’s metal dust collection equipment removes dust throughout the entire workspace and provides a safe and clean environment for your team to work in.
Wet Dust Collector Features:
- Collect dust before it’s in the air
- Energy efficient
- Provide easy disposal
- Ensure safe workplace
- Comply with strictest explosive dust regulations
Air Purification’s wet dust collectors come in many shapes and sizes, but the main collectors are downdraft tables, collection booths and ductable wet collectors.
Wet Downdraft Tables
Wet downdraft tables are specialized surfaces created specifically to vacuum dust and particulates from the air.
The work surface is perforated with holes to capture particles, which are directed by downward fans into constantly running water. The resulting sludge flows into a container and disposed.
Wet Downdraft Table Features:
- Eliminate airborne particulates
- Drastically reduce fire and explosion risks
- Ergonomically designed for comfort
- Manually controlled with computer interface
- Monitor pressure and water level
- Easy to access waste
Dust Collection Booths
Dust Collection Booths are usually larger downdraft tables that allow your workers more room to operate and your company to have more employees working on the same surface.
In booths, blowers and fans contain particles in a confined space, then push the dust into a free-flowing waterfall below the work area. The water catches the dust, traps its and creates a concentrated sludge that is easily and safely disposed.
Wet Dust Collection Booth Features:
- Minimize health threats
- Eliminate explosion risks
- Utilize magnahelic pressure gauges
- Offer removable work tables
- Include vents for debris, including moveable pendulums
- Allow you to control power and water levels
Ductable Wet Collectors
In a central collector, inlets hoods are placed near work stations. Fans on these ducts pull air into the collection unit, trapping the dust in water and creating disposable sludge.
Combining this technology with a typical air purification system ensures a safe and healthy industrial working environment.
Delivering the service you deserve
Air Purification has the experience, expertise and equipment to supply all your exacting dust collection and air filter needs.
- Founded in 1985
- Three decades of industry experience
- Largest supplier of air pollution control equipment and filters in the U.S.
- Supply filters for every type, model and brand of air cleaning system
- Dedicated staff has 200 years combined industry knowledge
- Systems fully compliant with all regulatory standards
- Partner with an array manufacturers to supply best possible air filtration products
- Very competitive prices
- Responsive service, superior support
- Fast delivery
- Headquartered in Raleigh, NC
- Regional offices in Cincinnati, OH; Knoxville, TN; Charlottesville, VA; and Atlanta, GA
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed on every one of our engineered systems