Machine & Grinding Dust Collection
Grinding can leave our workplace gritty, grimy, grubby and unsafe.
Grinding, machining, buffing and polishing generates various dusts that when mixed can cause catastrophic explosive consequences.
Grinding various metals creates smoke and dust that must be removed according to certain OSHA & NFPA guidelines.
Air Purification Inc. provides the expertise, experience and equipment to make that happen while adhering to the revised NFPA & OSHA guidelines.
Our expert customer service team works closely with you to develop, engineer and supply the ideal air purification and air filtration solutions that keep your facility safe from fires and explosions.
Providing the solutions you need
Whether you work in a small shop or a large-scale machining and grinding operation, Air Purification Inc. delivers a wide variety of durable, reliable air purification and filtration systems that meet or exceed your exacting needs and the strictest federal regulations.
Machining & Grinding Oil Mist Collector Features:
Air Purification Inc. provides solutions specifically designed to collect dust and smoke. These collection and filtration systems:
- Operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Features wet-type dust collection
- Highly efficient — remove up to 99.97% of particles with an optional HEPA filter
- Designed specifically for explosive dusts
- Available in various sizes
- Can handle small shops to large-scale operations
- Simple to install and operate
- Easy to maintain
- Can be individual units or central systems
Machining & Grinding Dust Collector Filtration Stages:
Air Purification Inc.’s grinding and dust collection systems feature four filtration stages, maximizing collection efficiency:
- Clean Air Release: Open filter design allows unrestricted release of clean air back into the work environment to recycle existing shop air.
- Wet type collection systems ensure all particles go through a water-fall effect to remove explosive dusts safely.
- For larger industrial spaces with extensive, continual air contamination, ductable wet collectors can gather an eliminate dust efficiently and easily.
- In a central collector, inlets hoods are placed near work stations. Fans on these ducts pull air into the collection unit, trapping the dust in water and creating disposable sludge.
Air Purification Inc. supplies high-performing cartridge collectors, which filter out particulates in smaller areas. Cartridge collectors utilize layered material to grab any airborne foreign substances almost immediately after they enter the air.
Use cartridge filters to collect smoke, abrasive blasting and thermal spraying residue, and metal sanding excess.
Cartridge Filter Features:
- Available in permanent and replaceable variations
- Usually less expensive
- Easy to replace
- Exceed most OEM filter requirements
- Available in a host of media including nanofiber, PTFE, spunbond, cellulose, cellulose synthetic (80-20) and flame retardant
- Used with various brands including: Donaldson, Camfil, Farr, Torit, UAS and Micro-Air
Bag filters are most commonly used to clean dust created in the immediate vicinity and filtering airborne particles. Dust is collected in the bag and disposed. Materials gathered in the bag also can be reused for further production.
Use Air Purification Inc. bag filters for a wide range of industrial manufacturing applications including grinding.
Bag Filter Features:
- Substantially less expensive than competition
- Continually in stock for quick turnaround
- Meet or exceed most OEM filter requirements
- Offered in both synthetic and fiberglass
- Also available in pleated, multi-pocketed, membrane, EPTFE, singed, and polyester cotton sateen
- Use for an array of brands including Donaldson/Torit, Farr, Airflow Systems, UAS and Industrial Maid
Dust Collection Booths
Wet Dust Collection Booths are usually larger downdraft tables that allow your workers more room to operate and your company to have more employees working on the same surface.
In booths, blowers and fans contain particles in a confined space, then push the dust into a free-flowing waterfall below the work area. The water catches the dust, traps it and creates a concentrated sludge that is easily and safely disposed.
Wet Dust Collection Booth Features:
- Minimize health threats
- Eliminate explosion risks
- Utilize magnahelic pressure gauges
- Offer removable work tables
- Include vents for debris, including moveable pendulums
- Allow you to control power and water levels